Monday, October 1, 2012

October

This is the first day of my life.
'Swear I was born right in the doorway.
Yours is the first face that I saw.
'Think I was blind before I met you.
-Bright Eyes



We didn't know if this would be our last weekend with just the two of us. We spent the hours as only lovers can--laughing and holding hands. We went downtown on Saturday, and walked along the little creek by the mission.



We went to the library, and signed up for membership cards. Next, we went to a coffeeshop, where we shared a much-too-sweet pumpkin latte, and later we walked to the local cinema to see the movie, 'Looper'.
After the movie, we toured a local soap shop (Matthew bought me a lovely bar of Lavender-Rosemary soap). We went to Eureka Burger for lunch, which was absolutely delicious. Then, tired and happy, we drove home.

Sunday morning, we woke early and drove out to Pismo beach. We went to Mass at Saint Paul the Apostle. Afterwards, we went to a little local coffeeshop, "The Steamed Bean", and walked down Shell Beach.




It was high tide and we just stood and watched the waves crash onto the rocks and smelled the salty air. It was so foggy when we arrived, but the sun eventually made its way through the clouds and burned off the fog. After we went home, we spent a quiet and relaxing afternoon at home, and went to our friends' house for dinner. We stayed out much too late and crashed into bed last night.

And now it is Monday morning, the first day of October, and I am at home waiting for my love...

Love,

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment